Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Remembering Jeannette (1915-2013)

Two weeks ago my grandmother, Jeannette Belanger, passed away at the age of 98! It wasn't a sad affair since she had lived a good, long life and wasn't really having anymore fun.


She particularly loved flowers, playing cards, good food and being active.  There were many funny stories.  As one of her grand kids said, "she was a card shark"! She did love to win! She wasn't impressed with my card playing since I couldn't count fast enough (still can't).


Flower Applique

In her last few years in the home, I did what I do best - I made her a few small quilts.  Nothing fancy but since she loved flowers, it wasn't very difficult.

Memere, as she was known to her many grandchildren and great-grand children was generous and loved to laugh.  We all, in our own ways, said goodbye.  It invariably included a few drinks and food in her honour. 

Wheelchair Quilt



We will miss her but she's having a much better time on the other side.




Crazy Nine Patch


Watch over us, Memere.


Nous t'aimons.  Tous tes enfants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)